Salary: $12.50 to $13.50 /hour
SHP Management, a leader in the affordable housing community is searching for the right person to join our team as a cleaner/porter/janitor at one of our properties in Macomb, IL!
The Cleaner (Porter, Janitor) is responsible for the cleanliness of the property and to perform all custodial and maintenance duties as directed by the Assistant Superintendent or Building Superintendent.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Achieving an overall clean and groomed appearance to all common area including bathroom, kitchens, community rooms, etc.
- Cleaning includes sweeping, vacuuming and shampooing rugs, stripping, washing and waxing floors; cleaning glass and fixtures.
- Assisting in exterior work such as shoveling and sanding walkways and stairs; sweeping walkways and stairs; lawn care maintenance beyond the scope of contractual agreements.
- Preparation of apartment turnovers within established guidelines.
- Cleaning of the community buildings, laundry rooms, office building, maintenance shop and grounds and keeping all areas clean and sanitary.
- Daily collection of debris on the property.
- Cleaning of parking lots and dumpster areas.
- Assisting Building Superintendent with basic maintenance repairs.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2 years experience in maintaining building cleanliness.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge of equipment used for sweeping and vacuuming rugs/floor; washing and waxing floors; cleaning glass and fixtures; exterior work includes sweeping, shoveling and sanding walkways
- Ability to communicate orally with a wide range of people
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to carry a pager and assist on an on‑call rotation schedule.
- Use of the proper safety equipment; gloves, goggles, back belts and proper foot wear required
SHP is committed to a drug-free workplace. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package, including:
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal leave.
- 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- Company paid health, vision and dental plans.
- Company paid life insurance, short and long term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for professional growth and development