SHP Management, a leader in the affordable housing market, is looking for an experienced property manager to join our team in Groton, CT.
The Property Manager oversees all functions of the property, including supervision of staff, handling tenant communications, performing annual certifications, TRACS submission, REAC inspection preparation and managing the A/R process. The Property Manager is directly supervised by the Senior Property Manager of their region.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Recommends and carries through the eviction process when necessary and approved by the main office.
- Collects and records rent and follow‑up on delinquencies.
- Assists in drawing up specifications and putting bids out to contractors on recommended work as needed and approved by main office.
- Submits monthly vouchers to HUD through TRACS.
- Conducts initial, interim and annual certifications to comply with HUD.
- Conducts regular inspections of common areas and tenants’ units.
- Conducts preparation for HUD REAC inspections; identify items that require improvement.
- Responsible for all aspects of tenant certification, selection, recertification and applications.
- Maintaining the Wait List according to HUD and SHP specification.
- Preparation and completion of records and files and any other reports required for the property by the main office and/or state agency.
- Coordination of tenant move‑ins and move‑outs in a timely manner.
- Performs annual unit inspections or more frequent inspections as required, and assists state agency or any other 3rd party with required inspections.
- Handles tenant complaints and following up in a timely manner.
- Holds tenant meetings when necessary for informational, educational or any other pertinent purpose.
- Assists main office with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Coordinates with maintenance supervisor the purchase of supplies and/or other approved items.
- Responsible for all clerical duties associated with this position and oversight of clerical staff.
- Oversees the well being of the property.
- Hire new staff for administrative and maintenance positions available.
- Supervision of contract maintenance on site.
- Train and support staff.
- Prepare all performance reviews including salary increase recommendations.
- Prepare Performance Improvement Plans, Discipline and Terminations.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years Project-based Section 8 or tax credit experience.
- COS, AHM, or ARM designation desired.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office; Real Page, YARDI or other property management software required
- The Candidate must be able to work effectively as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
SHP is committed to a drug-free workplace. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package, including:
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal leave.
- 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- Company paid health, vision and dental plans.
- Company paid life insurance, short and long term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for professional growth and development