SHP Management has a great opportunity to join our team at a busy family housing property located in a desirable Boston setting!
The Assistant Property Manager provides clerical support for the administration of the property, including answering telephones, greeting tenants and visitors, typing, filing and preparation of reports. This position reports the Property Manager of the property.
Duties may include, but are not limited to assisting the Property Manager in the following areas:
- Recommends and carries through the eviction process when necessary and approved by the main office.
- Collects and records rent and follow‑up on delinquencies.
- Assists in drawing up specifications and putting bids out to contractors on recommended work as needed and approved by main office.
- Preparation and completion of records and files and any other reports required for the property by the main office and/or state agency.
- Coordination of tenant move‑ins and move‑outs in a timely manner.
- Performs annual unit inspections or more frequent inspections as required, and assists state agency or any other 3rd party with required inspections.
- Handles tenant complaints and following up in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all clerical duties associated with this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Two years working in an administrative position
- Project-based Section 8 or tax credit experience
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office; Real Page, YARDI or other property management software required
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
SHP is committed to a drug-free workplace. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package, including:
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal leave.
- 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- Company paid health, vision and dental plans.
- Company paid life insurance, short and long term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for professional growth and development