Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the overall facilities maintenance under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent or Building Superintendent.
The position requires performance in a wide range of areas to the buildings, grounds, and equipment. It requires a working knowledge of the plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, appliance repair, grounds maintenance, painting, flooring, etc. These functions are not limited to the following areas:
– Completion of work orders in a timely basis.
– Preparation of apartment turnovers within established guidelines.
– Cleaning of the community buildings, laundry rooms, office building, maintenance shop and grounds and keeping all areas clean and sanitary.
– Daily collection of debris on the property.
– Cleaning of parking lots and dumpster areas.
– Coordinating with Superintendent and/or Property Manager for any unit inspections and follow-up with work orders to repair all deficiencies found.
– Upon notification from the Maintenance Superintendent and/or Property Manager, be available for emergency duty, such as snow removal and in case of a fire or any other emergencies as defined by Management.
– Completing any incident reports within 24 hours of occurrence (i.e. injuries, property damage, disturbances, etc.)
– Accepting maintenance requests only from Superintendent and/or Property Manager.
Qualifications: Skills & Abilities
– 3 years’ experience in all facets of property maintenance
– High School graduate or equivalent
– Knowledge in plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, appliance repair, maintenance, grounds maintenance, roofing, flooring, etc. or the ability to learn this skill
– Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people
– Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
– Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
– Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
– Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
– Required to assist on an on-call rotation schedule
– Use of the proper safety equipment; gloves, goggles, back belts and proper footwear required
Physical Abilities: Lift/Carry, Push/Pull
Stand 12 lbs. or less (F)
Walk 11-20 lbs. (F)
Sit 21-50 lbs. (O) 26-40 lbs. (O)
Handling/Fingering 51-100 lbs. (F) over 40 lbs. (N)
Reach Outward/Above Shoulder (F) over 100 lbs.(N)
Crawl (O) up to 33% of time
Squat/Kneel (F) up to 66% of time
Bend (C) more than 66% of time
This job description is subject to change, and at no time should be construed to be all inclusive.
SHP is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Location: 1120 Crull Drive