Cumberland Foreside, ME 04110
The Property Condition Inspector conducts physical property inspections based on the SHP Standards of Excellent Program using the guidelines and criteria set by SHP Management and the HUD REAC inspection and scoring model. The Property Condition Inspector is directly supervised by the Director of Operations of SHP Management Corporation
- This position is based out of the SHP corporate office located at 7 Thomas Drive, Cumberland Foreside, ME 04110.
- This position requires traveling to individual site locations throughout the portfolio for the purpose of conducting inspections of the physical properties. Travel will be frequent, recurring and include weekly travel via plane and/or driving. Overnight stays will be required on occasion for large site, or multiple site inspections.
- Responsible for an independent inspection and assessment of the physical condition and overall appearance of the properties using the standard HUD REAC inspection and scoring module software provided.
- Completing detailed visual inspections of the site, building exteriors, common areas, units and all associated physical aspects of each site.
- Reviewing all property conditions, records and documentation associated with the preservation of the asset.
- Responsible for taking detailed notes, and photos of all deficiencies identified during the visual inspection and utilizing specialty software to develop formal written reports.
- Complete detailed record keeping of all activity, including preparing formal inspection reports, aggregating results and preparation of formal work orders for all deficiencies identified during the visual inspection.
- Complete a review of findings with supervisor, senior manager and site staff to discuss findings and answer any questions.
- Maintain the Standards of Excellent program, monitoring success and keeping reporting tools current at all time.
- Industry experience, certifications for multi-family housing, and/or qualified tradesmen organizations.
- A four (4) year degree and/or professional inspector certifications and training preferred.
- In depth knowledge of affordable housing programs, preferably HUD regulations and REAC standards.
- Competency in reading and understanding complex Laws, Regulations, Codes and Standards related to building management, asset preservation and federal, state and local requirements.
- Demonstrated competency with computers, tablets, smart phones, MS Office products and specialty software required.
- Must be able to work autonomously, and motivated by task driven assignments.
- Effective written and oral communication skills required
- The Candidate must be able to work effectively as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable, trustworthy and ethical
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Ability to travel frequently and cost effectively manage travel expenses.