Chicago Heights, IL 60411
SHP is hiring! Looking for a position was a cleaner or porter with benefits?! Here it is! Check us out at shpmanagement.com and apply here now! This a great time to join our team!
The Cleaner (Porter, Janitor) is responsible for the cleanliness of the property and to perform all custodial and maintenance duties as directed by the Assistant Superintendent or Building Superintendent.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Achieving an overall clean and groomed appearance to all common area including bathroom, kitchens, community rooms, etc.
- Cleaning includes sweeping, vacuuming and shampooing rugs, stripping, washing and waxing floors; cleaning glass and fixtures.
- Assisting in exterior work such as shoveling and sanding walkways and stairs; sweeping walkways and stairs; lawn care maintenance beyond the scope of contractual agreements.
- Preparation of apartment turnovers within established guidelines.
- Cleaning of the community buildings, laundry rooms, office building, maintenance shop and grounds and keeping all areas clean and sanitary.
- Daily collection of debris on the property.
- Cleaning of parking lots and dumpster areas.
- Assisting Building Superintendent with basic maintenance repairs.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2 years of experience in maintaining building cleanliness.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of equipment used for sweeping and vacuuming rugs/floor; washing and waxing floors; cleaning glass and fixtures; exterior work includes sweeping, shoveling and sanding walkways
- Ability to communicate orally with a wide range of people
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to assist on an on‑call rotation schedule.
- Use of the proper safety equipment; gloves, goggles, back belts and proper foot wear required
Stand F 10 lbs or less F 12 lbs or less F
Walk F 11-20 lbs F 13-25 lbs F
Sit F 21-50 lbs F 26-40 lbs F
Handling/Fingering F 51-100 lbs O over 40 lbs O
Reach Outward/Above Shoulder F over 100 lbs N
Climb O N (Not Applicable) activity is not applicable to position
Crawl O O (Occasionally) Position requires up to 33% of time
Squat or Kneel O F (Frequently) Position requires up to 66% of time
Bend F C (Constantly) Position requires more than 66% of time
This job description is subject to change, and at no time should be construed to be all inclusive.
*This position is known as several different names within our company but all of the details of the position are the same. SHP is an equal employement opportunity employer.