Akron, OH 44320
RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
The Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of non-sheltered needs of the resident population. Effective service provision is encouraged through cooperation within the management team to enhance the residents’ ability to live independently and safely in their community. Resident Services Coordinator is directly supervised by the Director of Resident Services.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Knowledge of community support resources, the eligibility for accessing these services and the delivery methods.
- Ability to empower residents to make personal decisions, increase self-esteem and maximize independence.
- Ability to collaborate with on-site staff, state, federal and community agencies.
- Ability to establish trust, to listen and to assist residents in defining their problems and identifying possible resources and solutions.
- Possess organizational and time management skills and flexibility.
- Ability to provide advocacy for the resident population.
- Serve as a liaison between residents and management.
- Coordinate and implement programs of social, medical, psychological and rehabilitative services.
- Improve the quality of life within the development.
- Establish appropriate on-site educational and wellness programs.
- Provide direct interventions and crisis intervention to residents.
- Develop effective working relationships with federal, state and local community agencies and service providers.
- Provide support and referrals to local, state and federal agencies and service providers.
- Maintain documentation of interventions, services and communication in a confidential manner.
- Complete and submit necessary HUD reports and other documentation as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field
- 2 to 5 years experience required
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office required
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
Stand F 10 lbs of less F 12 lbs or less F
Walk F 11-20 lbs F 13-25 lbs F
Sit F 21-50 lbs O 26-40 lbs O
Handling/Fingering F 51-100 lbs N over 40 lbs N
Reach Outward/Above Shoulder F over 100 lbs N
Climb O N (Not Applicable) activity is not applicable to position
Crawl O O (Occasionally) Position requires up to 33% of time
Squat or Kneel O F (Frequently) Position requires up to 66% of time
Bend F C (Constantly) Position requires more than 66% of time
This job description is subject to change, and at no time should be construed to be all inclusive.
SHP is an equal opportunity employer.