Cumberland Foreside, ME
SHP Management Corp opened its doors in 1993 and is now a recognized leader in the affordable multi-family housing industry. Our portfolio is currently excess of 10,000 units of affordable housing primarily concentrated in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic areas, with more growth on the horizon.
Candidates must have three to five years of directly related experience as either a Regional or Affordable Housing Property Manager. Previous experience as a compliance analyst/monitor is a plus. Our ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of affordable housing programs to include Section 8, LIHTC, HUD Secure Systems, EIV, Fair Housing and Section 504 compliance. Affordable Housing certifications such as COS, C3P, HCCP or other nationally recognized certification is a plus.
A well-developed ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines is a must, along with a high level of organization and attention to detail. This position is located at our corporate office in Cumberland Foreside, so you must be comfortable communicating primarily on the phone and via email with staff scattered in multiple states. Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office required and a strong knowledge of OneSite, YARDI or Boston Post software preferred.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct file reviews for compliance with the applicable subsidy type (S.8, LIHTC, S. 236)
- Approve initial files for compliance with applicable subsidy programs
- Review EIV reports and assist property staff with resolving discrepancies
- Review of monthly HAP against the Voucher Report and assist staff with reconciliation
- Assist site staff with TRACS error resolution
- Coordinate report preparation for agency reviews and summarize areas of concern with the Compliance Manager
- Manage staff access to required federal and state databases
- Provide support to property staff regarding federal and state regulations, SHP policy and database issues
- Assist property staff with preparation for Management and Occupancy Reviews and annual inspections