Cumberland Foreside, ME
SHP Management, a leader in the affordable housing market, has an immediate need for an experienced property accountant to join the team at the corporate office located just north of Portland, ME!
The Property Accountant is part of a team working on a portfolio of residential apartment buildings. The team will coordinate and perform professional responsibilities related to the company’s financial operations. Primary responsibilities include general accounting functions for multiple properties within the portfolio, including financial reporting and analysis. The Property Accountant is directly supervised by the Assistant Controller.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Reconciliation and analysis of cash activity.
- Review of invoices for accounts payable processing.
- Preparation, verification, and entry of journal entries to the general ledger.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly profit-and-loss statements.
- Timely preparation of monthly/quarterly reports to Housing Authorities.
- Frequent communication with site managers.
- Assist with budget and audit process including year-end adjusting entries.
- Other projects or duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Accounting Degree preferred
- Three or more years accounting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office; Web or Windows-based accounting software experience preferred
- The Candidate must be able to work effectively as a member of a diverse team
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work