New Britain, CT
Assistant Property Manager
SHP Management Corp., a manager of affordable housing in the northeast, has a great opportunity for an experienced Bilingual Assistant Property Manager to assist with the management of an elderly subsidized property in New Britain, CT. Must be fluent in Spanish.
The successful candidate will be involved with the following:
• Overall administrative functions of the property management office.
• Communication and follow up with the general public, residents, home office, agencies and contractors via telephone, emails, faxes.
• Preparation and completion of resident files and other reports as required.
• Collection of rent and follow up on delinquencies.
• The processing of applicants as well as completion of tenant certification/re-certifications
• Coordinating tenant move ins and move outs in a timely manner
• Submit monthly vouchers to HUD through TRACS.
• Identify any unsafe working or living conditions for employees and tenants.
Experience and skills required:
• Bilingual in Spanish is required
• project-based section 8 experience
• tax credit experience
• knowledge of TRACS
• Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office; Real Page, YARDI or other property management software
• Strong organizational and communication skills
SHP is committed to a drug-free workplace. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package, including:
• Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal leave.
• 401(k) plan with generous company match.
• Health and dental insurance.
• Paid Life insurance and Short and Long Term Disability
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Opportunity for professional growth and development