Findlay, OH 45840
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the overall facilities maintenance under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent or Building Superintendent.
The position requires performance in a wide range of areas to the buildings, grounds, and equipment. It requires a working knowledge of the plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, appliance repair, grounds maintenance, painting, flooring, etc. These functions are not limited to the following areas:
- Completion of work orders in a timely basis.
- Preparation of apartment turnovers within established guidelines.
- Cleaning of the community buildings, laundry rooms, office building, maintenance shop and grounds and keeping all areas clean and sanitary.
- Daily collection of debris on the property.
- Cleaning of parking lots and dumpster areas.
- Coordinating with Superintendent and/or Property Manager for any unit inspections and follow-up with work orders to repair all deficiencies found.
- Upon notification from the Maintenance Superintendent and/or Property Manager, be available for emergency duty, such as snow removal and in case of a fire or any other emergencies as defined by Management.
- Completing any incident reports within 24 hours of occurrence (i.e. injuries, property damage, disturbances, etc.)
- Accepting maintenance requests only from Superintendent and/or Property Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 3 years experience in all facets of property maintenance
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge in plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, appliance repair, maintenance, grounds maintenance, roofing, flooring, etc. or the ability to learn this skill
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Required to assist on an on‑call rotation schedule
- Use of the proper safety equipment; gloves, goggles, back belts and proper foot wear required
Stand F 10 lbs of less F 12 lbs or less F
Walk F 11-20 lbs F 13-25 lbs F
Sit F 21-50 lbs F 26-40 lbs F
Handling/Fingering F 51-100 lbs O over 40 lbs O
Reach Outward/Above Shoulder F over 100 lbs N
Climb O N (Not Applicable) activity is not applicable to position
Crawl O O (Occasionally) Position requires up to 33% of time
Squat or Kneel O F (Frequently) Position requires up to 66% of time
Bend F C (Constantly) Position requires more than 66% of time
This job description is subject to change, and at no time should be construed to be all inclusive. SHP is an equal opportunity employer.