Newport, RI 02840
SHP is hiring a Recertification Specialist! Have HUD and LIHTC experience and are looking for a great job with full benefits? Here it is! Check us out a shpmanagement.com and apply here!
- Conduct file reviews for compliance with the applicable subsidy type (S8, LIHTC, etc.).
- Prepares reports that summarizes items of non-compliance and works in conjunction with property staff to correct identified deficiencies.
- Meets with residents and applicants to perform Initial, Annual or Interim interviews for the applicable subsidy type (S8, LIHTC, etc.).
- Processes required verifications that are necessary to complete resident and applicant certifications.
- Provides Senior Property Manager with file reviews and suggests items for employee training deficiencies.
- Reviews quarterly/monthly EIV reports for accuracy and assist property staff with resolving discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual LIHTC reports (i.e. qualified basis tracking) as required by state monitors and syndicators for submission to the Director of Compliance.
- Reviews asset verifications for certifications that involve real estate and/or investment income for submission and final review to e-mail.
- Assists staff with monthly voucher submissions, HAP payment errors and posting/reconciling within One Site.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of affordable housing programs, to include Section 8/236; LIHTC; EIV and HUD Secure Systems; Fair Housing & Section 504 compliance.
- Affordable Housing certifications; COS (or equivalent), C3P, HCCP or nationally recognized certification is required.
- Three to five years of directly related experience as a property manager or compliance analyst/monitor required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- High level of organization and attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Good Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) skills are required. Strong knowledge of OneSite, Yardi or Boston Post software highly desired.
- Lift/Carry Push/Pull
- Stand F 10 lbs of less F 12 lbs or less F
- Walk F 11-20 lbs F 13-25 lbs F
- Sit F 21-50 lbs O 26-40 lbs O
- Handling/Fingering F 51-100 lbs O over 40 lbs N
- Reach Outward/Above Shoulder F over 100 lbs N
- Climb O N (Not Applicable) activity is not applicable to position
- Crawl O O (Occasionally) Position requires up to 33% of time
- Squat or Kneel O F (Frequently) Position requires up to 66% of time
- Bend F C (Constantly) Position requires more than 66% of time
This job description is subject to change, and at no time should be construed to be all inclusive.
SHP is an equal opportunity employer.