SHP Management, a leader in the affordable housing market, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced building superintendent to join our team. Position has responsibility for four multi- housing properties.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall facilities maintenance, operations and security of multiple properties. Supervisory responsibility for maintenance technicians, cleaner and porters
The position requires performance in a wide range of areas to the buildings, grounds, and equipment. It requires a working knowledge of the following, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Plumbing: Replacing hot/cold plumbing fixtures; sweating pipes; replacing hot water tanks, baseboard units and valves; cleaning drains; replacing or resurfacing of faucet seats; installing/replacing toilets and disposals/sinks. This may involve working in cramped quarters and, at times, lifting of heavy objects.
- Electrical: Wiring and troubleshooting, as well as maintenance/testing of smoke detectors, fire alarms, receptacles, switches, light fixtures, fuses and circuit breakers replacements.
- Carpentry: Re-hanging and/or replacement of doors; repair and/or replacement of windows, floors, cabinets, etc.
- Roofing: Inspecting, caulking and replacing shingles for emergency repairs.
- Heating and Hot Water Systems: Changing zone valves, blower motors, filters, thermostats and copper pipes. Air Conditioning Systems: Cleaning the coils, change filters, replace the units, as needed.
- Grounds Maintenance: Trimming trees and shrubs; planting; fertilizing; snow blowing and shoveling; de-grassing brick and stone areas; spring and fall clean‑up.
- Painting interior and/or exterior as needed and limited to touch‑ups not full‑site painting.
- Tile Floors: Replacing and repairing tile floors.
- Carpet: Removing of carpet, as instructed in strips.
- soliciting bids from, coordinating with and overseeing work done by third party vendors / contractors
- Supervises and trains maintenance assistants (where applicable). Participates with the site manager in hiring and continued evaluation.
- Holds regular maintenance staff meetings
- Maintains a work order system in conjunction with the site manager. Maintains appropriate ledgers and reports required for maintenance reporting.
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program.
- Coordinates the maintenance program so maintenance is performed in a timely and correct manner.
- Responds to emergency requirements and either performs or contracts work to be performed as quickly as possible.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment. Oversees purchase of supplies and equipment through actively seeking competitive bids. All purchases will be made by purchase orders authorized by the site manager or the main office, depending on total purchase.
- Coordinates with site manager unit inspections performed by any third party.
- Performs annual unit inspections with site manager and follows up with work orders to repair any deficiencies found.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 5 years experience managing property operations and security of property
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Demonstrated supervisory role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, appliance repair, maintenance, grounds maintenance, roofing, flooring, etc.
- Must be computer literate and adept at utilizing computer aided systems
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to assist in on-call responsibilities
- Use of the proper safety equipment; gloves, goggles, back belts and proper foot wear required
SHP is committed to a drug-free workplace. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package, including:
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal leave.
- 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- Company paid health, vision and dental plans.
- Company paid life insurance, short and long term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for professional growth and development