Cumberland Foreside, ME 04110
The Corporate Maintenance Trainer is responsible for the development and implementation of the core training program for maintenance personnel at all SHP managed sites. The Corporate Maintenance Trainer is directly supervised by the Director of Operations of SHP Management Corporation.
- This position is based out of the SHP corporate office located at 7 Thomas Drive, Cumberland Foreside, ME 04110.
- This position requires traveling to individual site locations throughout the portfolio for the purpose of training all maintenance personnel. Travel will be frequent, recurring and include monthly travel via plane and/or driving. Overnight stays will occasionally be required on occasion for large site, or multi-day training events.
- Responsible for working with the Director of Operations to develop the core training program for all onsite maintenance personnel.
- Seminar format and hands on training of all maintenance personnel in formats best suited to accomplish the training goals as set by SHP Management as outlined in the core training program.
- Assist the Director of Operations in the development of maintenance pre-screening tests and knowledge surveys for new hires and existing staffing.
- On an as-needed basis, as directed by the Director of Operations, the evaluation of maintenance personnel and skillsets of individuals in their position.
- Responsible for implementing and tracking of all training provided to maintenance personnel.
- Coordination of third party training events where applicable to further develop maintenance personnel’s level of skill and ability.
- Responsible for self-development of skills needed to adequately perform in position, including seeking out industry specific certifications, trainings and seminars.
- Provide one-on-one support to all maintenance personnel in managing their experience and furthering their education and training to be top performers in their position.
- Promote the SHP standards of excellence and working together on new and existing SHP managed properties.
- May be required to assist in physical inspections and or other transition or due diligence events during the course of employment.
- Works with the Director of Operations to review, develop and implement maintenance and asset preservation policies and procedures.
Ability to work side-by-side with maintenance personnel in the field for training and staff assessment purposed on occasion as directed by the Director of Operations
- Industry experience, certifications for multi-family housing, and/or qualified tradesmen organizations in the area of training and management of maintenance personnel required.
- A four (4) year degree and/or NCHM, or NAAHQ certified manager of maintenance or other AMI training and certifications preferred.
- Synergy and team building experience preferred.
- In depth knowledge of multi-family apartment buildings, commercial spaces and asset management required.
- Competency in reading and understanding complex blueprints, plot maps, Laws, Regulations, Codes and Standards related to building management, asset preservation and federal, state and local requirements.
- Demonstrated competency with computers, tablets, smart phones, MS Office products and specialty software required.
- Must be able to work autonomously, and motivated by task driven assignments.
- Effective written and oral communication skills required
- The Candidate must be able to work effectively as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable, trustworthy and ethical
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
Ability to travel frequently and cost effectively manage travel expenses.