Akron, OH 44320
SHP is hiring! We are looking for a motivated professional with property management experience to join our team! Full benefits and great pay. Check us out and apply here:
The Property Manager oversees all functions of the property, including supervision of staff, handling tenant communications, performing annual certifications, TRACS submission, REAC inspection preparation and managing the A/R process. The Property Manager is directly supervised by the Senior Property Manager of their region.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Recommends and carries through the eviction process when necessary and approved by the senior manager in conjunction with the main office.
- Prepares property for annual compliance audits performed by internal site staff, auditors, and state agencies
- Implements the SHP EIV policy and follows through with completion of required monthly and quarterly reports as well as resolution of any EIV discrepancies
- Collects and records rent and follow‑up on delinquencies.
- Assists in drawing up specifications and putting bids out to contractors on recommended work as needed and approved by main office.
- Submits monthly vouchers to HUD through TRACS and assists with resolution of payment discrepancies.
- Conducts initial, interim and annual certifications to comply with HUD.
- Conducts regular inspections of common areas and tenants’ units.
- Conducts preparation for HUD REAC inspections; identify items that require improvement.
- Responsible for all aspects of tenant certification, selection, recertification and applications.
- Maintaining the Wait List according to HUD and SHP specification.
- Preparation and completion of records and files and any other reports required for the property by the main office and/or state agency.
- Coordination of tenant move‑ins and move‑outs in a timely manner.
- Performs annual unit inspections or more frequent inspections as required, and assists state agency or any other 3rd party with required inspections.
- Handles tenant complaints and following up in a timely manner.
- Holds tenant meetings when necessary for informational, educational or any other pertinent purpose.
- Assists main office with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Coordinates with maintenance supervisor the purchase of supplies and/or other approved items.
- Responsible for all clerical duties associated with this position and oversight of clerical staff.
- Oversees the well being of the property.
- Hire new staff for administrative and maintenance positions available.
- Supervision of contract maintenance on site.
- Train and support staff.
- Prepare all performance reviews including salary increase recommendations.
- Prepare Performance Improvement Plans, Discipline and Terminations.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years Project-based Section 8 or tax credit experience.
- COS, AHM, or ARM designation desired.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office; Real Page, YARDI or other property management software required
- The Candidate must be able to work effectively as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
Stand F 10 lbs of less F 12 lbs or less F
Walk F 11-20 lbs F 13-25 lbs F
Sit F 21-50 lbs O 26-40 lbs O
Handling/Fingering F 51-100 lbs O over 40 lbs N
Reach Outward/Above Shoulder F over 100 lbs N
Climb O N (Not Applicable) activity is not applicable to position
Crawl O O (Occasionally) Position requires up to 33% of time
Squat or Kneel O F (Frequently) Position requires up to 66% of time
Bend F C (Constantly) Position requires more than 66% of time
This job description is subject to change, and at no time should be construed to be all inclusive.
SHP is an equal opportunity employer.