Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
SHP Management, a leader in the affordable housing market has a fantastic job for the right person! If you possess excellent painting skills and want to work with a great company, apply today!
The Painter/Maintenance Assistant position is responsible for painting the apartments and common areas of all properties in their region. When this position does not have work for painting, it is required that they will perform facilities maintenance under the direction of the Building Superintendent or Property Manager at their primary workplace or as needed.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Completion of painting work orders in a timely basis.
- Perform routine to moderately complex surface preparation, painting, and finishing tasks.
- Applying a variety of methods, media, and techniques to both interior and exterior surfaces.
- Preparation of apartment turnovers within established guidelines. Superintendents might prep the apartments.
- Assist with maintenance repairs including basic plumbing, carpentry, minor electrical, appliance repair and grounds maintenance and building cleaning.
- Painting of the community buildings, laundry rooms, office building, and maintenance shop as necessary..
- Coordinating with Superintendent and/or Property Manager for any unit inspections and follow-up with work orders to repair all deficiencies found.
- Upon notification from the Maintenance Superintendent and/or Property Manager, be available for emergency duty, such as snow removal and in case of a fire or any other emergencies as defined by Management.
- Accepting maintenance requests only from Superintendent and/or Property Manager.
- Travel to other sites is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2 years painting experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge in painting practices including surface preparation, painting, and finishing tasks; basic knowledge of facilities maintenance and grounds maintenance or the ability to learn this skill
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Valid driver’s license required. May be required to share in on-call rotation
- Use of the proper safety equipment; gloves, goggles, back belts and proper foot wear required
SHP is committed to a drug-free workplace. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package, including:
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal leave.
- 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- Company paid health, vision and dental plans.
- Company paid life insurance, short and long term disability
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Opportunity for professional growth and development.