Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
SHP Management, a leader in the affordable housing market, has a great opportunity for a maintenance technician to join the team in Annapolis, MD!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the overall facilities maintenance under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent or Building Superintendent.
The position requires performance in a wide range of areas to the buildings, grounds, and equipment. It requires a working knowledge of the plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, appliance repair, grounds maintenance, painting, flooring, etc. These functions are not limited to the following areas:
- Completion of work orders in a timely basis.
- Preparation of apartment turnovers within established guidelines.
- Cleaning of the community buildings, laundry rooms, office building, maintenance shop and grounds and keeping all areas clean and sanitary.
- Daily collection of debris on the property.
- Cleaning of parking lots and dumpster areas.
- Coordinating with Superintendent and/or Property Manager for any unit inspections and follow-up with work orders to repair all deficiencies found.
- Upon notification from the Maintenance Superintendent and/or Property Manager, be available for emergency duty, such as snow removal and in case of a fire or any other emergencies as defined by Management.
- Completing any incident reports within 24 hours of occurrence (i.e. injuries, property damage, disturbances, etc.)
- Accepting maintenance requests only from Superintendent and/or Property Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 3 years experience in all facets of property maintenance
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge in plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, appliance repair, maintenance, grounds maintenance, roofing, flooring, etc. or the ability to learn this skill
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her action
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Required to assist on an on‑call rotation schedule
- Use of the proper safety equipment; gloves, goggles, back belts and proper foot wear required